Business values that exceed expectations
Octaga appreciates that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our customers, employees, regulators, investors and suppliers, in addition to the wider community and environment.
We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities are integral to our business and strive to demonstrate these responsibilities through our corporate policies.
We take seriously all feedback that we receive and are where possible open in communicating our strategies, targets, performance and social responsibility to staff, clients and users of our service in a continual commitment to responsible corporate governance and sustainable development.
Our values make us a sustainable partner
Octaga’s essential business goals
- Strive to improve our environmental performance through implementation of our environmental policy.
- Ensure a high level of business performance while minimising and effectively managing risk.
- Operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees.
- Offer our employees clear and fair terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continual development.
- Maintain forums for employee consultation and business involvement.
- Ensure that all employees are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment.
- Provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment.
- Uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our business relationships.
- Encourage dialogue with local communities for mutual benefit.
- Record and resolve customer complaints in accordance with our published standards of service.
- Support and encourage our employees to help charities, local community organisations and activities.
- Encourage suppliers and contractors to adopt responsible business policies and practices.
Octaga’s essential business goals
Octaga is acutely aware of the need to protect the environment and as such have a commitment to sustainable development, taking all reasonable measures to reduce waste and our environmental impact.
We promote environmentally positive practice among staff, suppliers and clients, for a safe and sustainable environment extending beyond immediate contacts to the community and future generations.
Octaga strives to:
- Make prudent use of all water, gas and electricity.
- Use no chemicals that may have a detrimental effect on the ozone layer.
- Use only cleaning agents of a biodegradable nature
- Maintain high standards in respect of litter and waste by responsible disposal.
- Seek to continually improve the effects our activities have on the environment
- Monitor our environmental performance on a regular basis
- Reduce, re-use and re-cycle waste where possible
Effectively minimising wastage
Effectively minimising wastage:
- Encourage the minimal use of paper within the office and on clients’ sites
- Encourage lift sharing and favour company vehicles known for their fuel economy
- Publish guidance in its employee handbook in relation to waste, recycling and the prudent use of power and consumables.
- At all times respect our client’s environmental policies.
- Make an environmental reminder on all e-mails sent internally and externally.
- Switch on Heating and Lighting only where necessary
- Have a policy of ongoing encouragement by managers to reduce waste